Skip to content

Chiropractic Care

Dr Grimes adjusting persons backYour nervous system is responsible for everything your body does, from creating new cells to running a marathon and everything in between. It does that by delivering messages from your brain to every cell, organ and tissue in your body.

Misalignments in the joints of your spine or extremities (called subluxations), can cause pressure on the nerves, which affects how your body feels and functions. There are two types of nerves: sensory nerves account for 10% of your nervous system, while the other 90% of your nervous system is made up of motor and autonomic nerves.

Pressure on sensory nerves can lead to pain. However, pressure on your function nerves doesn’t cause pain—but it will affect how well your body functions. That’s why waiting for pain is a poor indicator of health issues!

Our Approach

At Grimes Family Chiropractic, we specialize in the Gonstead Technique, which is a highly specific, precise and reproducible protocol that ensures you get the adjustment your body needs—and only the adjustment your body needs. This approach relies on full-spine X-rays and nervous system scans to identify the specific nerve interference and correct it.

Dr. Grimes also offers Webster Technique for our pregnant patients, and we employ healing modalities like heat, hydromassage and intersegmental traction as needed. We use Foot Levelers to create custom orthotics for patients who need them.

Common Conditions

Patients come to us with various conditions that stem from nervous system interference caused by misalignments. Some of these common issues are:

  • Acid reflux
  • Ankle injuries
  • Asthma
  • Auto accident injuries
  • Back & Neck pain
  • Carpal tunnel syndrome
  • Colic
  • Constipation
  • Ear infections
  • Golfer’s/tennis elbow
  • Headaches
  • Hip pain
  • Knee pain
  • Low back pain
  • Pregnancy discomfort
  • Shoulder pain
  • Sports injuries
  • Torticollis

How Chiropractic May Help

When your nervous system functions as it should, you may experience pain relief, improved range of motion, better sleep, better digestion and more energy—in short, more optimal function.

Once patients address their initial complaints, they often opt to continue with maintenance care to keep feeling and functioning their best for the long term.

Book Today

Contact us today to schedule an appointment!

Chiropractic Care | (702) 233-2372